This is Evangeline and me before we went to see "Cats" (the musical). I asked for this for a Mother's Day present (I also got a Choy Doh, as Fr. Capon suggests, but we'll picture that later). So, I didn't know how long we'd last at Cats, or what would happen. We left the house at 6.30pm and returned at 10.30pm, having had a magical time at the show. Evangeline never missed an applause, did a little dancing, and let out a blood-curdling scream when the cats came through the audience with their glowing green eyes. Everyone around us was thrilled with her presence and her behavior and she definitely spiced things up with exclamations of "oh no!", "mommy, daddy, daddy!", and "a cat!" among other things. She sat on my lap the whole time and never fell asleep or took her eyes off the stage. I can't wait to go to another show with her. Especially if it has lots of lights and cats and smoke machines. -Ellee
 |
| Oh and Ellee got a new haircut. We call it the "Reme". |
Grandma Lucy, Grandaddy, Aunt Carol, Uncle Mike, Baba and Grandma came down from the mountains on Saturday for Mother's day. We spent a fair amount of time porch monkeying.
 |
| We are ever grateful that Mike is still his delightful self after getting and treating pancreatic cancer in the last 3 months. |
 |
| Looks pretty crazy eh? |
 |
My grandma grew up in rural NC with animals.
Evangeline is growing up in the hood NC with animals and kites. |
 |
Aunt Carol claims that babies do not like her. Irene doesn't really care if other babies don't like Carol. Grandaddy watches the chicken action. Dad grills the famous bleu cheese burgers. |
 |
| Dinner. |
 |
| Evangeline and the New Hampshire Red are good friends. She can actually pick up the chickens. I read somewhere that kids under ten won't care where their meat comes from. |
All in all, it was a good mothers' day.
I love the 'Reme, Sis'! Of COURSE she would love Cats.... she's her mother's daughter. Happy Mother's Day. XO
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a wonderful Mother's Day at the Mietzners.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mom's Day to you all from Alaska.