Tuesday, December 18, 2012

חנוכה שמח


Funny Face Time
Evangeline took this one.

I snapped this one.

Evangeline captured this lovely.

I took Evangeline to Marimba Christmas, which is exactly what it sounds like. Area band teachers played Christmas songs on several marimbas, as well as one Hanukkah medley. It was actually really awesome, and Evangeline liked it too.

We also attended the LWML Christmas party. Yolanda pulled out a clown that had them both mesmerized for several tens of minutes.
 And today Evangeline kept waiting for Millie, Geo and Bot to show up, so Ellee went and fetched them for her. She somehow got us to let her eat spaghetti and watch it for a while, along with bumble bee antennae.


I took Evangeline to a real school today to see Jayla's living wax museum in which she played Martin Luther. She was great. Other historical characters were Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin, Albrecht Durer, Ignatius of Loyola, Pope Leo X, Pope Julius II, and Pope Alexander VIII. I provoked the three popes against one another into a feud over who was the greatest. They decided that Alexander VIII was probably the best. Martin Luther (there were two) also had a mustache, and John Calvin apparently translated the first English Bible. Evangeline was mostly scared of all the false beards.

2 comments:

  1. Irene, I love all of your Velma hair, and your antennae are a lovely addition to spaghettiface, Evangeline. Butchoo gotta leave those clowns alone.Brrrr. You're braver than Ol' Aunt Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Irene, Grandma does not know what Velma hair is, but I do think you have an interesting sleeping position which is actually pretty posturally correct!
    And girls, don't be afraid of clowns like your auntie Beth--clowns are your friends!
    Sounds like Jayla's school knows more history than I But that's probably not hard to accomplish.
    Cute spaghetti face Evangeline--and lots of cute faces on this blog!
    Love from the Alaska Grands

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors