Okay, I promise there is a photo of a human being that you care about in here.
I put the new chickens in their outside box spring coop for a while today. They loved it.
| The old guy meets the new kids. I was a little surprised no one got killed. |
| This buff orpington seems to be the one that likes Evangeline the most. This is a good thing because we're not going to eat this chicken. |
| I moved that black pot and uncovered a big anthill. The old chickens came and devoured them, but the little guy wanted to see what was going on. |
| That didn't last long. But again, no one got killed. |
Yes, I feel bad about all of the poor, unfortunate chickens. If only I were braver. AB
ReplyDeleteThis is all pretty much a result of a few visits with Rob and Q. I don't know if they have a system of indoctrination, but she had me read something in 2008, and then in 2012, Rob showed me how to slaughter them, and now in 2014 I'm doing it on my own. Six years for an ideological brainwashing doesn't seem too bad!
DeleteYikes. We hope you don't fall in love with those who will become BBQ! But it is nice to think they will have a good life up to the end.
ReplyDeleteThat is a darling picture of Evangeline with the chick.
Grandma and PopPop