Friday, August 1, 2014

Alaska This Year

(It's been a long time since I've done this.)

Well, I've been in Alaska for a week and a half now, and we got the internet fixed, and have pictures on various cameras, and have a computer that can do this, so I'll give it a try. It should be no surprise that these pictures are all out of order. It will be more exciting that way. So, here's our Alaska Summer so far...



Super Deluxe treehouse. (Beth, does this remind you of the one we had?)

The girls took their maiden voyage with only Grandma to
Alaska.

They fell asleep the last 15 minutes of an 8 hour flight. Grandma was unsure how she was going to get them out of the plane, get the luggage, check in for the last flight and get them into the tiny airplane.

The stewardesses helped carry the girls out of the airplane, and Hero Pop Pop surprised them in Anchorage, anticipating that it might be a struggle to get everything in order. Grandma was quite happy to see him.

Bath pic from 1976.

Enjoying the grounds.

Pop Pop is still crazy enough to do this.


Grandparents, Seahorses, Grand Daughters.



Ammi showed us all up by swimming out to the raft without a peep about the cold water.
(I also discovered that she can easily touch her toes while sitting on the raft. She discovered I can't. I need to stretch.)

GG was the lifeguard.

I remember seeing pictures like this of my sister and me and Grandma T. I thought grandma was old then (sorry, grandma). It's hard to believe she's 90 years older than Evangeline.  

But what a wonderful day. Evangeline is really good at making sand turtles.

GG got into the action, too. 94 years between these two.

Evangeline may be a good deckhand some day.

Grandma teaching the important things. Coffee and solitaire.

Back in Greensboro...we had a few moving concerts before we left.
Of course Irene refused to pose with Evangeline for a leaving picture.

Me, still not believing that my mom is crazy enough to fly cross-country-plus with these children.

Breakfast with Ammi.

Of course.

Of course too.

Irene making sure GG is eating her breakfast. Irene takes great care of GG.

Coming GG's hair in the morning.
We've had a lot more action than this. Lots and lots of cousins, aunts, uncles, saunas, moose, all that. You can imagine it...

Wish you were here.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! If only Mom & Dad would let Evangeline and Irene put in some mildewed carpet with actual carpet glue so they could spend the next three years congested and a little high. Aaaaannnnnnd my ninetysomething year old grandma looks WAY better in a swimming suit than I do. AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Evangeline is taking her deckhand duties VERY seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure these are two of the luckiest grand girls in the world. They have more grand and great grand love than anybody I know.....and look where they get to spend time! Have a great rest of the summer! Wish we were there too. Love to all the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria has the same pink and white striped and dotted dress! She is in the club! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll have to get a picture real quick before they grow.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors