Monday, December 11, 2017

Birthdays, Bears, Sushi and Santa

After a near-tears hour, I discovered it is actually super easy to get my pictures on here. I expect I can find and even easier way.

I decided Irene's birthday was a far back as I dare go in pictures, lest I open a box of summer, and that's just too much.

Right now I am sitting at the table with Agnes, looking out the window on a blustery 45 degree December day, watching the snow melt and the wind blow. This week is going to be full with church, concerts, rehearsals, caroling, and who knows what else, so it's nice to take a minute to stare out the window while Agnes is not crying and saying things to me I don't understand and then crying because I don't understand.




Irene surveying her birthday decorations. German flag colors.
6-Year-Old
 Birthday Friends
Painting is better with both hands. That French bulldog agrees.
4 seconds after crying me into putting on this backpack and helmet.
Irene is into counting. This was by her bed. No wonder she was so tired in the morning.
Evangeline reading a cat book to Loretta, who is eating the snack Evangeline brought her.
If I had ever imagined the first book Evangeline would check out at school, bring home, and read within a day, this would not have been it. But well done, Evangeline.
Irene stayed home for a few days with strep throat and scarlet fever. She didn't go blind.
Agnes assured me this wouldn't be too scary, and just cute.
Kyle got me a warm coat. It is my first one since we moved here, and when I wore it for the first time I thought "Hm. I'm not cold."
This failed Advent photo session took a really long time.
Evangeline's head as flame.
Extra mystery flame on Agnes.




Two pastors.
Irene: "Reindeer are Caribou. We could eat this"

I took Irene and Evangeline out for sushi/tempura/teriyaki after the Christkindlmarkt. Christmassy.



The chef was kind and sent us over some tempura oreos. I made sure they ate enough raw fish first.
\

2 comments:

  1. I was very disappointed to find, upon zooming in, that the colorful button on your new warm coat was not, in fact, a Reading Rainbow button.

    Still not enough hunting on this blog.

    Butterfly in the skyyyy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures!

    Baba

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors