Here are a couple of videos from the final VBS program. I think this might be the best VBS program I've been to. The kids all sang out and said their parts like they meant it. There was nothing goofy (besides Evangeline, maybe), there was no pre-recorded music (people in the congregation created the lessons, it wasn't from a box. Which is nice), and it even was clear that they had all learned (or re-learned) something about Jesus, baptism and the resurrection. During the week they were all great, too. They were interested, paid attention. They had questions and wanted to know more. And had fun. I think that's a success. After the Friday program, Grace had a big barbecue. Everyone stayed and ate and had fun. Evangeline played in the dirt with some other little ones and ate food off the ground (that she had dropped). She also got mustard all over her shirt, and I saw her slide down a grassy hill on her belly. She slept in a little the next day.
The children are all wearing tie-dyed shirts because they did that as the craft on the day they studied Lydia, who was a seller of purple cloth. Evangeline's shirt only required a few staples.
Oops. Recorded this sideways. I'll never learn.
This is the song that during the whole week, Evangeline would stand and do all the motions to. Really. The girl was very gracious and kept singing (they were all really nice to Evangeline the whole week).
Don't these pre-schoolers sing well?
Here are a few more pictures of the other classes:
 |
| Primary class |
 |
| Junior class |
 |
| Senior class. Kyle taught this class. |
 |
| Bonus picture of Evangeline in legwarmers. |
You were absolutely darling Evangeline. It looks like you had a good time in your first VBS. Next year you'll be singing with the group!
ReplyDeleteLove from Grandma and Grandpop
I was also take with the singing girl's sandals. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very good program, and YES! everyone sang very well.
OK. I had to watch these videos again today. They are just soooooo cute! I especially like E' doing the motions to "big, strong and mighty" during the "C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n" song! Oh, Evangeline. You are a little ray of sunshine!
ReplyDelete