Monday, January 13, 2014

plié

After nearly a year of talking about ballet lessons, Evangeline finally was able to hit the floor.

What does the future hold for this one?

You just show up dressed like all the other kids.

Irene is still cute.



I took the kids to Asheville on Saturday to give Ellee a few hours to clean some things without having them destroyed by the Mongol children.* While we were gone she stubbed her toe on a wall and totally broke her pinky toe. This makes two of us in the last year, although I have to admit that a stubbing break probably hurts way more than a ladder dropping break. It looks worse today.



Cutey dresses for church.


* I listened to a huge long podcast about the Mongol conquest of the 13th century during the drive to and from Asheville. You know... Genghis Khan and those guys. So, I'm sort of obsessed with them right now.


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad Jessie got me that pedicure for my toes' fifteen minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, those are just about the cutest little Mongols that ever there were. AB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now here are some pictures that make grandparents shed a tear or two. So touching and darling. (except for the purple toe--that's a cringer!) Evangeline looks so much like you, Ellee, in her ballet outfit. And she looks so old sitting there in her class circle. OMGosh, how do they grow up so fast??And of course Irene is gorgeous all dressed for church; and showing her fun side with the open mouth portrait! We love these pictures. Thanks. Love, Grandma and PopPop PS. Thanks for the interesting copy pictures Evangeline--they made our day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the window into some special times....er eh not the toe...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that the broken/bruisedness didn't impact the extra softness of your feet. B

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors