Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmastime and Birthday

We've had sort of a nonstop past week or two. I had a wedding on the 21st, followed by Christmas Eve, Christmas, and then Schell Christmas, Evangeline's Birthday and then a funeral today. These events were punctuated by a weeks worth of vomiting from Irene.
So this doctor station had been shipped to my office by my parents in order to conceal it from the girls before Christmas. It was... sort of.. hidden.... but not really. Evangeline saw it several times, getting really excited about it. I simply told her it was for other kids. So, Christmas comes around, and it turns out its really for her!

Aunt Jessie was even able to come.



Did someone get a slinky in their stocking?

This is in Asheville.

Uncle Ed and Grandaddy snoozing away.

I played with this thing when I was a little boy.

Tickling great grandaddy.

Cool earwarmer headbands!
 The rest of these are from Evangeline's birthday party.
Thanks to everyone who didn't just send one present for Christmas and birthday.
BIRTHDAY CAKE

Present opening. This must be really cool to have more presents just after you had a ton of presents.



We had a few minivan loads of kids here, but it was pretty sane.

And to top off the night, we've got a real tea party with real crumpets.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Happy Birthday, Evangeline! I can hardly believe that you are FOUR years old!! Love you much -- AB ( & UJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy time for the Mietzners! But it looks like lots of fun. We were so surprised to see Irene's new hairdo--how very cute. Evangeline's birthday party looked like a homestead-type affair with lots of fun and commotion too. Love all the pictures. Thanks. Grandma and PopPop

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors