Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Irene is 3

Irene is now three years old.
 Due to Grandaddy's funeral, Irene's party was delayed a day.
It is a strange thing to delay your three year old's birthday party for the funeral of your eighty-nine year old grandfather.

 We ended up having a sort of impromptu party because we were also having Harvest Home at church, which meant that a bunch Irene's friends were going to be there. So, Ellee, in her typical miracle worker way, put together a party that looked like it had been planned for at least 4 weeks in advance. This is why children have mothers. If I'd have planned this thing it would have like one balloon and six pretzel sticks for the kids to eat. And plenty of beer for the adults. As it went, everyone had plenty of balloons, beer, cheese, and cake. And presents. And friends.

I swear she is almost a different kid now. 
She's actually interested in opening every single thing.
Here's some other stuff from the day.


Irene wanted to sit with Grandma on the big chairs at Chipotle.

In typical fashion, the Alaska grandparents showed up on Halloween.

I got stung by a bee but I'm better now.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Irene!! I love the cake picture, and yes, my Sis has had a lifetime of practice pulling parties out of thin air. Job well done. AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other comment I meant to make last night (but was tired, thus illiterate) is that I love how "connected" Evangeline and Irene obviously are. A person can see it in photos, and of course in person. It's captured beautifully in the cake picture, with Evangeline, all of her attention focuses, holding her breath....just as Irene goes to blow out the candles. Love. AB

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors