Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Day


For Labor (Union) day, we went to Raleigh to check out our state capitol building. It was closed, but we got a look around and free parking. 


Hats off to our state capitol. It's Raleigh beautiful.
Presidents provided by North Carolina

The capitol building closed, we visited the North Carolina History Museum next door...
Dad, I think we're being followed
Though she loves North Carolina history, The Girl still needs her sleep.

Dreaming of the North Carolina of yore.
And we went to the Duke chapel to look around and hear the organ...
...and got a picture of Stanley Hauerwas' door. Much to Kyle's relief, he wasn't there.

2 comments:

  1. While they all certainly have their faults, those are three pretty heroic presidents. Well, I mean to say, they at least all three did one good thing. Which for presidents is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for North Carolina History! (Even if it is a bit boring, eh, Evangeline? I know the caption for picture #3 was really: "Hey Mom, you know these cardboard guys aren't real, right?")

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors