Because Evangeline has a cold*, I have been a human kleenex for the last two days, and Evangeline was still sneezing and coughing like a champ this morning, we stayed home from church today. So I constructed a contextualized and relevant gathering for us to experience. "We" decorated our wreath for Advent (I even played a few versions of
Lo He Comes With Clouds Descending and only one of them made her cry). I remember having rather
noble and sentimental goals for this tradition. Well, we're not there yet, but we managed to get it done and Evangeline did what happens naturally during a gathering such as this:
 |
| Picturesque beginning. |
 |
| Mind starting to wander |
 |
| Socks. Ribbon. |
 |
| Unguarded computer buttons. |
 |
| Mom, how about we just read this? |
*She's doing better now. She had an almost sneeze-free evening spent watching Star Wars with her dad.
Wow, I watched a lot of Star Wars with her dad too when he was about her age!
ReplyDeleteGrandpa Dave
Can't go wrong with the classics: Mother/Daughter projects (gone only slightly askew), Star Wars with Dad, and just a little mischief.
ReplyDeleteAnd a good use for a bib!
ReplyDeleteGrandma