Sunday, October 30, 2011

reformed baseball observed

I watched a portion of one baseball game this year. It was game 7. Way to go Cardinals. Somehow, a whole season of sport just breezed by me again. I always mean to watch these things, but then somehow, it just doesn't happen. I really do want to like sports. It just takes so much work.

Anyways, Evangeline likes the Cardinals, so she wore her hat to church today, as it is an honorable custom. She made jokes about how the red in church was really for the Cardinals win. However, I am not really a good LCMS pastor, because I failed to slip in any sporting jokes into my sermon.

3 comments:

  1. Get it? Reformation. Cardinals. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad son...I can only invoke the sports spirit once a year during the super bowl.
    At leaste Evangeline has been to a professonal baseball game. "Go Cards"
    Love Grandpop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, baseball's not too exciting. Its good for taking a nap to on most days. How fortuitous that Vangepine got that hat last year! We will see you soon. With the newest addition to the family!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors