Evangeline and I went to the feed store to get some more feed today. They had chicks, so of course we bought some. How can you not? $2 a piece. We couldn't afford not to get them. We got a Dominique (to replace you know who), a Barred Plymouth Rock, and a New Hampshire Red. The plan is only to keep the Dominique, but I have read that Barred Rock and New Hampshire Reds make good meat birds. So... we will see if I can kill them when they get big enough. First I have to keep their vents unpasted.
![]() |
| She wailed in the car for a whole 25 minutes on the way home with the chicks in the front seat. |
We also went to Aunt Betty's funeral in Lenoir today. The babies were pretty much the best babies in the world for the whole time we were there. Presbyterians are very clean looking. We will miss Aunt Betty, though she now safely waits for the resurrection. I always thought that she was Queen Elizabeth. I know this doesn't make sense. Deal with it.
![]() |
| Grandaddy, Carol and Evangeline make small talk at the repast. |




We're so sorry about your loss of Aunt Betty. We love the thought that she was Queen Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute chicks--including that cute chick in the yellow sweatshirt!
AK grands
Glad to hear folks gathered to see Aunt Betty off safely. Did Evangeline name the chicks Beep-Beep, Flutter & Bluey? Come to think of it, that's not a good idea. Those chicks came to no good end...
ReplyDelete