Monday, January 24, 2011

Living

We just got back home from our quick jaunt to DC for the March for Life. It was great to spend some time with new friends and thousands of other people (lots of Catholics). The day started off with a splendid Divine Service at Immanuel in Alexandria. No frills. No nonsense. Liturgy done the way it should be. There was also an exceptional amount of zimbelstern, which is quite welcome in my book. They even had a proper zimbelstern with the spinning star, which Evangeline noticed right away. We took the metro to the mall and stood there for a long time listening to politicians give 30 second speeches. They told us how cold it was, and I eventually believed them. It was really quite cold. They also promised us they were going to get Roe v Wade overturned, which is what I thought they would have done when they had 8 years of Republican dominated government. Oh well. Hopefully some politician was looking out his window and saw that people actually care about this. Hopefully some mom saw it and didn't see a bunch of maniacs, but a group of people that actually care about her and her child.

She looks like she is about to be shot into outer space, but it is really just a subway.


Did I mention how many Catholics were there?
My favorite group was probably the ByzanTEENs.

4 comments:

  1. Evangeline looked pretty warm considering the wx...that nice snowsuit was a contributing factor I'm sure. Proud of you going the distance to make a statement which needs to be made. Good Job!
    God Bless
    Love from AK Grands

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are really glad we went. i think the church service was the best part.kyle drove all the way home, which was tiring after a long day of standing and walking and freezing our toes off. evangeline slept most of the way since we didn't leave d.c. until about 7pm. next year i am going to wear moon boots, a puffy jacket and ear muffs. it was really, really cold--says the girl from alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOTHING is colder than East Coast cold. Brrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and, as for zimbelstern, I must say I prefer glockenspiel.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors