Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sœurs de la Miséricorde

Irene had a little crying  bout tonight, but her merciful sister came and comforted her. She gave her a good long hug, and then lay down next to her for a while. I think it actually makes Irene feel better. It certainly made her stop crying. She did it a little later when she crying again. Evangeline is a very sweet girl who loves her sister.

When she isn't participating in acts of mercy towards her sister, she spends time with this magical tree. Owls seem to be pretty ubiquitous among children's stuff, but I have yet to see a real owl in the wild.

Also, here is a sampling of what was going on with Ellee the past few days. It was much worse (imagine all of these welts fusing together over a person's entire body...or don't.) than this photo tells... but it still looks pretty bad. It was りんご病 after all!.

And here's a kid on Wikipedia with りんご病, looking a lot more cool about it all than Ellee did:

7 comments:

  1. Aw Sis -- I wish I could give you a hug and lay down next to you for awhile. That' looks itchy and yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. That does look uncomfortable. Hope it has reached its peak and starts to subside soon.
    What a cuddly looking picture of baby Irene and her sweet big sister.
    Love, Alaska Grands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owls are creepy, man. What is it with kids' decor and creepy stuff? Noah's flood, owls, clowns.

    I see owls quite a bit while hunting. They are big, scary, and totally silent. Just yesterday a parishioner told me a story of when he was coyote hunting and thus making dying rabbit noise - a great horned owl swooped down and smacked him in the back and grabbed his shoulders with his talons. But Vernie is a big guy, so the owl gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!That is awful looking! Bless your heart........I hope you're feeling better.
    Those are the cutest little girls I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owls are COOL! (But yes, also big, scary and silent.) We've seen quite a few up here, but also in Barrow. About the neatest thing is a moonlit night or Barrow dawn w/ a snowy owl perched outside the window at the graveyard.

    PS. Can you eat coyotes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw a snowy owl on tauriainen trail standing in the middle of the road. i had to stop the car. when it took off, it had a fish in its talons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fifth's disease as an adult and it was TERRIBLE. I'm so sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors