Monday, April 30, 2012

in due season

Here is an entry solely about the growing things in the backyard.
Evangeline presented a berry to us today, which you know, is always a bit disconcerting. Most berries are poisonous. I investigated the berry, and despite my previous knowledge that mulberries only grow on bushes, it turns out they also do grow in trees. Ellee somehow knows how to harvest them, so Irene and I put some tarps out to catch them. Since we will probably have more than we can eat, I will try to make some nasty alcohol out of them.

Evangeline ate the first pea of the season today.

Kale, lettuce, parsley, etc...

Carrots and beets.

Okra and radishes. I read that a small family only needs three okra plants. We have at least twenty.

Peaches.

They are in the mood for beach volleyball.


2 comments:

  1. WOWZA!!!! Your farm is really taking off. We almost have some... um.... grass or something. SO cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Kyle! I'am very impressed with your backyard farm. Plus two chicks... vollyball anybody? Those peaches look great,too.
    Love ya! Ak Grands

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors