Monday, April 12, 2010

The Girl Sleeps

Today Evangeline was laughing, like real laughter, and I was so amazed. Where did she learn to do that? I took her grocery shopping and the cashier said she looked like a little fairy. I agreed. She loves looking at stuff. How long can this baby stare at wallpaper? A really long time. She loves looking at her dad.
   Every day makes us more and more thankful for our own parents. Every day makes us look forward to seeing her grow and already a bit homesick for the first time we held her.
   She's sleeping right now, and soon Kyle will carry her to her cradle, the same one he slept in. We will say our prayers standing over her. Right now she looks like everything is just right in her world. I think it is. I can't wait to see her tomorrow. Thanks be to God.
 Evangeline right now.

In the evening, when you go to bed, you shall bless yourself with the holy cross and say:
In the name of God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
  Then, kneeling or standing, repeat the Creed and the Lord's Prayer. If you choose, you may, in addition, say this little prayer:
I thank Thee, my Heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Thy dear Son, that Thou hast graciously kept me this day, and I pray Thee to forgive me all my sins, where I have done wrong, and graciously keep me this night. For into Thy hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Thy holy angel be with me, that the Wicked Foe may have no power over me. Amen.
Then go to sleep promptly and cheerfully.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet "evening peace" to read.

    Love, Mom

    Where did she get the laugh? From you and Kyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait till you are a grandparent! It's the next most wonderful thing. and you get to hold a little bit of your baby all over again. Oh I could go on and on.........Love you three...GmaBeck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, surely she gets her laughter from her parents.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors