I've decided that trying to time things is pretty much useless. The main benefit is that it gives me a (false) sense of control. A little. If I plan to feed her just before chapel so that she'll be happy and content during, she gets tired and fussy sooner than normal. Wednesday I fed her an hour before chapel so that she'd be asleep by the time we got there and sleep all the way through. She didn't. If I think I'm fitting her neatly into our dinner plans, she skips her nap and wants to eat with us. If I plan to do something during her usually long afternoon nap, she's cute and playful and awake. If we're hesitant to take her to the park with friends or to dinner (or a 21/2 hour Bach concert!?), she's a quiet little angel all the way through. So, planning, right? I think our new "plan" is: take the Girl along and we'll do our best.
"Don't pigeonhole me!"
Evangeline today during her naptime:
And during her bath (we were not looking forward to giving her a bath because she cried last time):
Love the videos! Every day she seems to change and grow. And, you two are learning one of the keys of parenting: "control is an illusion" Thnaks for being so faithful putting updates out here daily! I've probably overdone it, but people here in Minneapolis have seen Evangeline a fair amount this week! Grandpa Dave
If I am not mistaken, at about 2:32 of the "Talking During My Nap" video say says: "Hi Dad." Go ahead. Roll tape and listen.
ReplyDeleteLove the videos! Every day she seems to change and grow.
ReplyDeleteAnd, you two are learning one of the keys of parenting: "control is an illusion"
Thnaks for being so faithful putting updates out here daily! I've probably overdone it, but people here in Minneapolis have seen Evangeline a fair amount this week!
Grandpa Dave
I also heard "Hi Dad". Cute talk.
ReplyDeleteAnd good job not getting water in her eyes Ellee!
We leave Wednesday. Can't wait!
Love, Grandma Carol