Sunday, July 24, 2011

One Year

Today was Kyle's One Year Ordination Anniversary (observed). We also had a little reception/housewarming here at the house after church. We had a nice crowd, about 30 people or so. Maybe more. I told some people what last year at this time I never thought I'd tell anyone: I cried the first night we were in Greensboro. It was extremely hot, we had only one small a/c unit, and all of our things were going to be delivered 3 days late. Luckily we had our air mattress. But most of all it was hot. Here we sit tonight, in our beautiful new house complete with a great a/c system (and record heat outside), a generous and kind new church family, a cute girl, a little sister on the way and even vegetables in the garden. Really just everything we need*.


The First Article.
Of Creation.
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
What does this mean?--Answer.
I believe that God has made me and all creatures; that He has given me my body and soul, eyes, ears, and all my limbs, my reason, and all my senses, and still preserves them; in addition thereto, clothing and shoes, meat and drink, house and homestead, wife and children, fields, cattle, and all my goods; that He provides me richly and daily with all that I need to support this body and life, protects me from all danger, and guards me and preserves me from all evil; and all this out of pure, fatherly, divine goodness and mercy, without any merit or worthiness in me; for all which I owe it to Him to thank, praise, serve, and obey Him. This is most certainly true.


*I realize that we did also have everything we needed last year on that weepy first night. But it was just so hot...

3 comments:

  1. You and Grace are both very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE agree! (But would also note that your schedule of late is a little hectic/crazy w/ no end in sight.... wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you Kyle, Ellee,Evangeline and baby sister. What a wonderful day for all!

    This is most certainly true.

    Love is the greatest of all.
    G and G

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors