Monday, October 1, 2012

Playing and Sleeping

Evangeline and Irene are starting to be able to play a bit together now. Still it's mostly Irene pestering Evangeline, but I think she is starting to see the potential benefits of having a little sister. It must be noted that Evangeline is mostly quite sweet to Irene, and Irene basically wants to stare at and be right beside Evangeline all the day long. Also, the big news is that IRENE IS SLEEPING! After 10 or so really, really, tiresome months, Irene--upon moving to her new room--is sleeping for about 12 hours. Of course I still have to check on her about 5 times a night, but it is very encouraging. I think Evangeline is teaching her some good sleep habits.
 Irene goes to bed at about 7.30, and Evangeline around 8.30, and even if Evangeline is talking and singing and whatever else when she goes to bed, it doesn't disturb Irene. When Irene was in our room, I could accidentally turn the page of a book too loudly, and she'd wake up and cry. So, this is good. Really good. I almost feel like a citizen of the world again.

New Evangeline activities:
-talking really loudly
-loud repeating of constant questions:
    "What's that guy doing?"
    "What's that"
    "What are you doing?"
    "Where are you going?"
    "Are you happy?"
etc etc.
-reading us stories
-spelling things. Like "subaru" on the car
-singing lots, and wanting us to take her through
singing exercises.
-"helping"

Irene is:
-crawling like mad
-balancing in lots of dangerous places
-still eating lots (breakfast = whole banana, slice of bread with
peanut butter, one egg, 10 or so blueberries, maybe some yogurt)
-testing the boundaries
-bugging Katie
-laughing a lot and seemingly joking with us


We made cupcakes for the Bible class.

Playing at the park with dad.








Finally she learns the twister.


Commerce

Nothing like a free lunch!

That'll be 6 wood chips.

Let's see, will you take 4 wood chips?


I like the way you do business.







At feed store with dad.

This is what's happening in the Castle/Fort


4 comments:

  1. YES! High five.
    So glad to hear that Irene is sleeping. Now maybe you can learn to sleep too Ellee! :)
    What cute pictures at the park.
    Grandma and PopPop can't believe how fast you two are growing up.
    Love, hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just have to add that i love your hair Evangeline. It is unruly to perfection!
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! Loved the pictures Can't believe how fast these little girls are growing. Looks like their planet is a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after our recent vacation to Vegas, I can see that Irene has some facility for casino banking. If only they'd have let us wager wood chips....

    Evangeline, those cutcakes look delicious, and I like your twister techniques.

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors