Saturday, January 14, 2012

chickens and kids

We still have chickens and we still have kids.
L-R:Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red, Partridge Rock, Ameraucana. All tasty. Seriously. The color and taste of these eggs is incomparable. Our backyard has some great forage. Oh yeah, they pretty much roam the yard all day long now. Its actually pretty fun to run around the yard with them. Unfortunately my favorite hen seems to have fallen to the bottom of the pecking order.

They sit like this sometimes.

One of Evangeline's favorite things to do is to press on her sister in order for her to be able to get around. I think Irene gets what is going on here with the whole abdomen pressing.

They didn't have any milk left, but I finally got up the courage to try the sour cream. It is good. If only the fascist government would allow them to sell it to people for their food. Seriously, how does it make any sense to just completely outlaw raw milk, so that I have to buy this stuff with the apparent intention that I am going to feed sour cream and ice cream to my dogs? They don't get to monitor it at all, but yet it still gets sold. Anyways, there is something exciting about eating sour cream that has a label like this on it.

1 comment:

  1. I-Rene, you are A-Dorable. Your cuteness is probably enhanced by the nutrients from those fresh backyard eggs, but don't blame the government when your folks get a tapeworm from raw milk products. You you have to base safety on the last 50 years of history because people have just been getting lucky drinking unsafe milk for centuries.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors