Monday, January 30, 2012
What To Say
A couple of days ago I was at the store in the check-out line with Irene. Two older ladies were behind me and oohing and aahing over her. They told me all the nice usual things like "it goes by so fast", "isn't it a miracle", etc. I agreed and thanked them and even let them get in line in front of me. While I waited I thought about how tired I was and then told myself to remember when I'm older and in their position and admiring a baby in the check-out line that I want to say "What a lovely baby. Poor dear, I imagine you are quite tired." (yes, I imagine myself to be British in old age).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(140)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Double Up
- What To Say
- Crazy Mom
- The Youth
- been readin' too many o them books
- Car Rides, Friends, and Colds
- famous?
- Marching On
- The Doctor
- ███
- A Scholastic Miscellany
- c u p c a k e s
- Snow!
- chickens and kids
- Weirdness
- More Eggs
- Swingset
- At Long Last... An Egg
- Happ-Epiphany
- Beehive
- A Compliment
- Month The Second
- Year The Second
-
▼
January
(23)
Funny, so do I.
ReplyDelete