Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mom has taken up singing in choirs again...

so Evangeline and I had a father daughter date to watch Ellee sing Handel's Messiah with the Greensboro Oratorio Society. She sat on my lap quietly and watched intently for the first three movements (about 7 minutes). I do not think there is anything better than hearing Isaiah's prophecy of "comfort ye my people" sung with your daughter listening and mom singing. Since I am a Schwärmer, I think this was a real "spiritual" experience or something like that. Sometimes it is easier to believe the Gospel. This was one of them. But this lasted only about 7 minutes, and then we explored most of the War Memorial Auditorium. She climbed up many different sets of steps probably a total of 25 times. She really wanted to watch the performance, but not in an adult way. Also of note is that the entire audience actually clapped after each movement, adding a total of probably 15 minutes to the evening. Evangeline picked up a bad habit by joining the common people clapping along with them. But, it was a great performance, even with the excessive clapping and stair climbing. (Also, if you still have any doubts about the whole Bible being about Jesus, or that we will actually be raised from the dead, listen to the Messiah.)
Waiting with Helen before the curtains are lifted.

"For unto us a child is born."

A rare moment of calm lap sitting and appreciating.

I really must emphasize that she was really into the music. There was lots of head bobbing and dancey movements. One reason for this is that the last time Ellee sang this, Evangeline was there too

2 comments:

  1. Very touching Kyle.
    Thanks for the pictures and thanks for being a great husband and dad.
    We're sure you did a great job Ellee--hope you enjoyed it all.
    Love Alaska G&G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort ye, my people.
    Loooooove the "Amens." I"m jealous that you got to sing it, Ellee, and that you got to hear it, Kyle/Evangeline.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors