Saturday, December 4, 2010

Today while Kyle was in Charlotte, I took a long Saturday nap with Evangeline. Before the nap, we read "The Snowy Day". You know, this one (thanks, Aunt Beth):


After I finished reading it, I added some kind of depressing remark about how Evangeline might never get to have such a day. When we woke up, I found I was wrong. Hooray!


Really, she was excited.
She kept taking her hood off, and I couldn't find her hat.
I was afraid a neighbor was going to come out and tell me about it.

She really wanted to play in the snow some more.

This would never happen in Alaska.
And then later she wore real shoes for the first time. They came off.

4 comments:

  1. "Mooooooommmmmmmmm. I don't NEED a haaaaaaat. And I can't grab that snowball with these big mitts on!" Looks like lots of fun, you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ellee, thank you for taking such wonderful pictures and using just the right words so we don't feel like we've missed too much!!!!We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "OOO---OOO---OOO!" are exactly the right words for a girl's first snowfall.(Are you sure it wasn't a nap-dream after reading THE SNOWY DAY?)
    The whole episode is pretty cool. And I agree with the Tenn Grands about the wonderful pics. Dad made a really cute collage to take to church today. Love, Grandma
    PS: Love the shoe pic. Nice snow angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearts for Evangeline from three Tinetti Boys and One Girl. She's such a doll; wish we could come over and play.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Contributors